The continent of Asia
Asia is the largest part of the world with a total area of 44,580,000 sq km). Together with Europe (10,180,000 sq km), Asia forms the continent of Eurasiat.
- The population of Asia accounts for about 4.463 billion people with the population density of 87 persons per square kilometre. There is high population growth on the continent of Asia: 4.175 billion people in 2012 and 4.463 billion people in 2016;
- The continent uses 11 time zones:UTC+02:00, UTC+03:00, UTC+04:00, UTC+05:00, UTC+06:00, UTC+07:00, UTC+08:00, UTC+09:00, UTC+10:00, UTC+11:00, UTC+12:00;
- Asia’s total area is 44,580,000 sq km;
- Asia consists of 51 countries with such largest countries as China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Russia, Japan and others.
- In addition to Asia, there are also 6 continents in the world: Africa, Antarctica, Europe, North America, Australia, South America..
The continent is known to be the largest part of the globe.
As for the temperature and climate in general Asia, there are different weather conditions on the continents. This is connected with the great area of the continent. It is rather cold in the northern part of the continent – the temperatures reach -50°C, while there is a hot climate in the south. Asia has a wet climate in the east and south-east and dry climate in the central part of the continent.